The summer is over! The hot and humid days will be in the past in few weeks. Beautiful weather is coming our way and its still the wedding season.
I was shooting a wedding last month and I would love to share some of my favorite photos. As a small wedding photographer in new jersey, I don’t get as many hours as a regular photographer. My time is very limited and I have to make all memorable photos in much shorter time. Under pressure is not even a word, I would use. I have to be quick and work with what I have. Because many small weddings are on the budget, I don’t get as much opportunity to capture glamorous photos. Sometimes couple share only few minutes with me to do their couple shots. Here are some suggestion on what can you do to make it easier for me and for your self:
- Add extra time for photographer to capture the couple shots (one hour around the event ). Two hours if a different location.
- Make sure that your bridal party stays together. The longer we are waiting on someone the less photos we can take.
- Ask your friends and family to help older family members to come first. Its much harder for older people to walk to a certain location.
- Decide if you want some photos prior your ceremony. It usually helps to take detail photos of the couple or even all the cute details.
- Be patient with your photographer. I understand you want that drink at the cocktail hour and you want to say hello to your guest.
- Remember, we are creating beautiful memories for you. Some poses may feel awkward but on photos they come out great.
- Trust and believe in your photographer . My job is to give you my best work.
- Consultation prior the wedding is a plus but remember things can happen and your event may not go as planned. Rain or someone running late as the example.
- If you want all your guest to be at your wedding on time, don’t be late your self. Try to do your hair and makeup earlier if you think you might running late.
- Enjoy your wedding and try to relax! Lifting shoulders or having a nervous smile will only make me hit a button Delete.
I am not saying that this list is a rule for everyone. This will just helps you understand that all weddings are not equal and consider things to have a wonderful time.
You can budget on flowers and dress or even your hall but remember only pictures will stay with you for the rest of your life.
Now enjoy the photos and if you have any questions, you can contact me.